Friday, July 01, 2005

knackered

I just cycled from home to work along the Bristol to Bath Railway Path and then along the Avon Cycleway into Bath, and then walked up Widcombe Hill (very steep). About 8 miles, I think. The actual cycling was fine, it was walking up the hill that finished me off! It was very nice cycling, the birds were singing and there was a cool breeze and nice views across the countryside - the only problem was getting saddle-sore, as it's a long time since I've cycled any distance. Thank goodness there's a shower at work.

On Wednesday I swam 12 lengths of the 50m pool - so that's 600m. My arms were tired from that, and now I've made my legs tired cycling - but it'll be worth it if I can lose some more weight and get fitter. Yesterday went for a walk at lunchtime - a mere bagatelle compared with all the other exercise I've been doing, even if it did rain heavily.

Just checked the refusal to register for an ID card pledge site: 7213 people have signed up, 2787 more needed - pretty good considering the deadline to get to 10,000 signatures is 9th October 2005, and it was only started in June. www.pledgebank.com/refuse

Oh, and my resolve not to eat squid after reading City of Pearl lasted about two seconds in the face of some serious temptation - namely being offered some as hors d'oeuvres last night. Along with delicious olives, salad, smoked salmon and other yummy things...

No comments: