Friday, July 08, 2005

wow!

Just downloaded Google Earth, my boss told me about it, it is fantastic! You can search for a place, change elevation, zoom in and out, and get labels to show where you are. Incredible. And the application is free. Obviously the views of the USA are more detailed than of the rest of the world, but it's still amazing - and it's all streamed over broadband.

I have just "flown" over most of eastern Germany, the Czech Republic, Bristol, and Vancouver. The forests in eastern Germany are so big! They make ours look like tiny postage stamps. I have just made sure I was comparing them on the same scale, and I was, and ours look like little flecks of green compared to the great big splodges of forest in Germany. To think that Britain was once covered in forest. Sad.

No comments: