Thursday, August 10, 2006

dream

I had a really weird dream this morning. I dreamt that I was in Pakistan, and that there had been some enormous natural disaster (flood or famine or drought), and that I had volunteered to drive a bus-load of people to somewhere out if the disaster zone. I dreamt that I drove 78 miles without stopping, and then went into an empty house and slept for ages. That's weird, I've never before gone to sleep and then woken up in a dream. Nick and a friend, Adrian, were with me. Then we got up, wandered around the village (vivid images of dry brown fields with a dusty lane and an irrigation ditch lined with green bushes), and then came to a house with a lot of books in the porch. We knocked on the inner door, and an elderly local couple came downstairs and welcomed us in and offered us lovely food. From their balcony was a splendid view of rocky coastline and blue water. I don't know what that was all about, but it was very vivid.

No comments: