Friday, February 03, 2006

AWOL

This week I arr bin mostly investigating OWL and RDF and other ways of expressing ontologies.

It appears that there are ways of expressing terminologies / thesauri / ontologies using OWL and RDF.

Pip found this article about creating online search interfaces for museum collections: Finnish Museums on the Semantic Web: The user's Perspective on MuseumFinland.

And I found their selection of tools which you can download:
Download Semantic Web Project tools

I've also been browsing around FISH and writing entries for our in-house Wiki about all this.

Other than that, I've been answering emails and setting up Trac environments and trying to make e-learning Javascripts cross-browser compatible. I reckon if I just turned my email off for the most of the day, I'd get a lot more done.